For the purposes of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong), Performance Sports Limited and Chapter 2 Sports Limited are the data users (i.e. the companies who are responsible for and controls the processing of, your personal data).
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.
Personal information is any information that relates to you and that can be used to identify you, or by which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
CHAPTER2 will collect personal data about you when you use this website and our services. This is for instance the case when you create an account online, you register to receive our newsletters, you submit a purchase order online, or you contact us for any reason (such as when submitting an enquiry form or when requesting information by telephone, by Internet or by written order).
The categories of personal data that we may gather directly from you include:
• Your identification and contact data (such as your family name and first name, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth) required to identify you or to contact you when you make purchase(s) from us or use our services;
• transaction-related information required to process your order (such as the items chosen, delivery and billing address, telephone number, means of payment, and your bank card details (including account holder name, number and expiry date) for billing in case of payment by bank card); and
• data arising out of or in connection with our commercial relationship (such as your order number, the chronology of your purchases, your contact information, and requests, or your correspondence with our customer service unit).
The personal data to be provided by you that is mandatory for us to fulfil the purposes described above would be indicated to you in the relevant pages of this website. In the event that you do not disclose such data in the mandatory fields, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
CHAPTER2 collects personal information from you for the following purposes:
• Managing, responding to, and following up on your feedback, enquiries, requests, and/or complaints.
• Managing, processing, and fulfilling your purchase orders, verifying your payments
• Managing any account you hold with us.
• Providing customer services.
• Managing your subscriptions to our newsletters and other publications.
• Sending you promotions as well as marketing and advertising materials.
• Conducting market research, profiling, and statistical analysis, and other development activities.
• Sending you information about any administrative changes, updates, and/or amendments to our policies, terms, and conditions
We will only contact you by email about our products, services, promotions, and special offers if we have received your consent to do so. You may indicate your consent to the intended use and provision of your personal data for direct marketing purposes above by clicking the “subscribe” box indicating your consent when providing us with your personal data through our subscription form in the “SIGNUP TO OUR NEWSLETTER” section of this website.
In case you have changed your mind and would prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time. If you wish to exercise this right, you should submit your request (with a header specifying ‘Unsubscribe’) to us via email with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, and other registration details). Please further refer to the section “OUR CONTACT DETAILS” below.
CHAPTER2 do not disclose any personal information to any other individual and/or company unless this is required for the purposes of our business operations and/or provision of goods and services. In that case, you agree that we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties (whether located in Hong Kong or abroad):
1. Agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to us, such as import services, courier services, payment processing services, information technology, market research, and administration services;
2. Our subsidiaries and holding companies, and the subsidiaries of our holding companies;
3. Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties
4. Banks, credit card companies, and their respective service providers;
5. Our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
6. Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
7. Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data.
If we need to disclose your information to another entity, we do not authorize them to use your information for anything other than the purposes for which we are providing your information.
The law may also compel us to disclose your personal information in situations such as answering a court subpoena or responding to a government authority such as customs department etc.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal data, for example, access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you, and we store your personal data on secure servers.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We will retain your personal data collected for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by us. The above is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory, or accounting requirements.
For the purposes of our business operations and/or provision of goods and services, you agree that CHAPTER2 may transfer the personal information collected or obtained from you to jurisdictions outside Hong Kong, where there may or may not be in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to or serve the same purposes as, the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong). This means your personal data may not be protected to the same or similar level as in Hong Kong.
You may request (i) access to personal data which we hold about you and/or (ii) correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access request(s) by submitting your request to us via email. Please refer to the section “OUR CONTACT DETAILS” below.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Manager for enquiries regarding this Policy and/or to exercise your above-mentioned rights, please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org“.